Bill O'Reilly gets axed by Fox

Bill O'Reilly has responded to news that he will not be returning to his top-rated Fox News Channel show The O'Reilly Factor, saying "it is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims". His departure came just weeks after it emerged that the network shelled out at least $13 million to settle five such harassment claims against their star anchor.

Fox News addressed the announcement rocking the media world that longtime host Bill O'Reilly will not return to the network in the face of sexual harassment allegations during a primetime program Wednesday evening.

O'Reilly, 67, hosted The O'Reilly Factor from 1996 until his termination this week - a run that included more than 5,000 episodes.

This particular show consistently got Fox News its best ratings, drawing nearly 4 million viewers a night and generating more than $446 million in advertising revenue between 2014 and 2016, according to Kantar Media.

People upset about O'Reilly's forced departure may quit their cable subscriptions, and Fox News would lose out on those fees, DiClemente said.

O'Reilly will be replaced in his prime-time lineup by Fox host Tucker Carlson.

In January, the network moved him to 9 p.m. after Megyn Kelly left.

Do we watch any of these people? "Bill has been the undisputed king of cable news, and for good reason". It could also have alienated employees.

Barcelona in tricky position to produce another comeback
But they made another shocking start in Turin last week as Paulo Dybala scored twice to put Juventus firmly in control. We need our fans to remain at the stadium anytime during the game. "Our objective is to score five goals ".

When the Murdochs went the other way, O'Reilly prepared a statement with the help of his agents and crisis communications adviser.

The letter was signed by Fox News Channel Chairman Rupert Murdoch, 21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch and 21st Century Fox Co-chairman Lachlan Murdoch.

Dana Perino, who has been filling in for O'Reilly since he announced an extended break earlier this month, announced that he was no longer with the network. Such allegations drove Roger Ailes from the company.

"Most importantly, we want to underscore our consistent commitment to fostering a work environment built on the values of trust and respect", the memo continues.

The five women who received settlements either worked for O'Reilly or appeared as guests on his program, according to The New York Times.

The departure from Fox News marks a stunning end to a near ideal marriage between a pugnacious personality and network.

His book publishing partner, Henry Holt, said Wednesday that "our plans have not changed". "It speaks to a company that has recognized that the best business decision for them is to end their relationship with Bill O'Reilly".

Related news