Teenager Electrocuted While Using Mobile In Bath

Teenager Electrocuted While Using Mobile In Bath

Teenager Electrocuted While Using Mobile In Bath

Madison was at her father's house on July 9 when she was fatally electrocuted after touching a frayed extension cord she was using to charge her cell phone.

In a harrowing turn of events, the photo police released is of what would be the final text the teen would send. Evidence shows she had plugged this cellular telephone into a phone charger cord, which was plugged into an extension cord which was plugged into a non-GFCI, non-grounded bathroom wall outlet.

Her phone had reportedly fallen into the bathtub and Madison was found with a burn mark on her hand.

The parents are using the tragedy to inform teens about the dangers of mixing electronic devices, electricity and water.

Thus, the death could have occurred either when her phone was plugged into the socket or when Madison grabbed the phone while it was plugged in. The photo shows her charger lying on a towel or possibly a bath mat.

In a statement obtained by EverythingLubbock.com, Lovington police said officials preliminarily ruled Madison's death an accident due to electrocution. The teen, a resident of Lubbock Texas, recently graduated from eight grade to ninth at Terra Vista Middle School.

The teenager's grandmother Donna O'Guinn said that the girl was her "shining star" and Madison was wiser than her age. The teen was the number one chair with her tuba in her school band and was also a basketball player.

Creative Eye Limited (CREATIVEYE.NS) Showing Positive Momentum in the Technicals
A multi-faceted indicator created to give support/resistance levels, trend direction, and entry/exit points of varying strengths. Williams %R is a popular technical indicator created by Larry Williams to help identify overbought and oversold situations.

She was spending the summer with her dad in Lovington when the fatal accident took place, before heading back to Houston, where her mom lives, to start high school. Electricity and water do not mix.

Madison's stepmother, Felisha Owens, told KRQE News 13, that the girl had been sitting in the bathtub with her phone plugged in, "playing our games", an activity many family members had done.

'She was very smart.

According to her grandmother, Coe was very sweet and managed to endear herself to just about anyone when she was still alive.

'And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.

"We need to be aware".

A GoFundMe page has been set up for anyone who would like to help the family with medical and funeral expenses.

Related news