USF Thai Students Believed Killed In California Crash

USF Thai Students Believed Killed In California Crash

USF Thai Students Believed Killed In California Crash

Because of the rocks, water level and fast moving currents, officials have not been able to remove the auto and the bodies of what officials believe to be two Thai foreign exchange students.

Family members of the two students arrived in Los Angeles Saturday and went to the crash site where a monk led them in Buddhist prayer, said the Thai consulate, according to The Associated Press.

Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims has reassured the Thai families that "recovering their loved ones is a top priority at my office right now".

"Two weeks have passed and the state of California failed to retrieve the bodies of both students", Chairanathongporn's uncle said in an August 9 letter to the USA embassy in Thailand, according to the paper. She confirmed two bodies are in the vehicle.

Florida highway safety chief: no quotas allowed at FHP
In an email obtained by the Times, Welch wrote that figure "is not good enough". "Two citations each hour" and "a goal to reach". Mike Thomas told the Times that Welch could have chosen his words more carefully, but that he was not imposing a ticket quota.

The foreign exchange students, who have not been formally identified, are believed to be a man and woman enrolled at the University of South Florida. On Friday, the Royal Thai Consulate-General Los Angeles said in a Facebook post that there would be protests staged Monday in Los Angeles and in Fresno if the rescue and recovery had not taken place by then. Steel told the families that she had been informed by the Fresno county office that a rescue team would descend the cliff and draw up a plan to retrieve the students and the vehicle. "We ask for their patience during this delicate recovery process".

Consular officials quoted Mr Magsig as saying he attached importance to both the recovery and the safety of recovery personnel. Two days after the crash, on July 28, police officers in nearby Reedley, Calif., learned that two Thai tourists had left the Reedley Inn Hotel two days before and never returned.

Police said that the airbags had been deployed and were blocking authorities from seeing inside. Mr Magsig said the army had sent a Chinook helicopter capable of lifting a auto to survey the scene and assess how to recover the rented vehicle resting on a rock in the middle of the river.

Related news