Liverpool reject record £118m bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho

Liverpool reject record £118m bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho

Liverpool reject record £118m bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho

Liverpool have reportedly rejected a third bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho - believed to be in the region of £114million.

Borussia Dortmund chief executive officer Hans-Joachim Watzke has dismissed suggestions that Barcelona are close to signing winger Ousmane Dembele.

Liverpool have already rejected bids of £70m and £90m for Coutinho, but the Brazilian submitted a transfer request last week, which will encourage Barcelona to again test Liverpool's resolve.

But after Wednesday's Spanish Super Cup defeat to Real Madrid, Barcelona's general manager Pep Segura told Catalan television station TV3: "We are close to Coutinho and (Borussia Dortmund's Ousmane) Dembele".

However, Castro added that people "shouldn't forget that he's only 20" and said: "We don't know who is behind his actions or who leads him". 'If he doesn't want to stay then I'd rather see him sold for the best price, but the big issue is that there won't be any players near is quality on the market'.

Merck CEO resigns from Trump's manufacturing council
Frazier said American leaders need to "clearly [reject] expressions of hatred, bigotry and group supremacy". Trump formed the manufacturing council a week after his inauguration as part of a push to create jobs.

And TMW claims the Reds will not sanction the deal unless they can get Croatian superstar Rakitic in return.

With all respect to both clubs, logically in a negotiation you need time to reach agreements for them and for us.

Coutinho, who is now sidelined with a back injury, responded by handing in a transfer request that was turned down by Liverpool's American owners. "To be clear, I am not thinking about changing clubs".

Liverpool FC midfielder Philippe Coutinho reacts during the Premier League Asia Trophy match between Liverpool FC and Leicester City FC at Hong Kong Stadium on July 22 2017, in Hong Kong, Hong Kong. In fact, Liverpool's manager Jurgen Klöpp said "there has not been any progress" in a potential departure from the former Inter starlet to Camp Nou.

Thompson continued: 'They could go after Dele Alli, who was a Liverpool supporter as a kid. "It's one thing it coming from the manger's mouth - there being a feeling that he shouldn't be sold - but now they are in a situation that sets a precedent for future deals".

Related news