Sadio Mane joins Philippe Coutinho on 2017 Ballon d'Or shortlist

Sadio Mane joins Philippe Coutinho on 2017 Ballon d'Or shortlist

Sadio Mane joins Philippe Coutinho on 2017 Ballon d'Or shortlist

Following further examination, it has now been confirmed that Mane has sustained a hamstring injury in what is awful news for Liverpool.

Liverpool striker Sadio Mane is facing up to six weeks out of action after picking up a hamstring injury on worldwide duty with Senegal, the Premier League club said on Tuesday.

The injury is especially badly timed for Klopp with Liverpool's bitter rivals Manchester United visiting Anfield on Saturday.

The news is a big blow for the Reds, whose form has suffered in recent weeks, with Klopp's men having won only one of their last seven matches in all competitions.

Sheriff: Vegas gunman aimed at fuel tanks as diversion
The door was riddled with bullet holes (Picture: Twitter) Paddock's body was found on the floor with blood pouring from his mouth. Officials had previously said that the guard was the first to confront Paddock and was injured during the mass shooting.

They also lost each leg of their League Cup semi-final to Southampton 1-0 and, after a goalless draw and 1-0 win against Argyle, exited the FA Cup 2-1 against Wolves.

Mane was suspended for three games following his red card during Liverpool's Premier League clash with Manchester City, but is due to return this weekend when the Reds face Manchester United.

Mané has scored three goals in four Premier League appearances.

Mane will miss the visit of United on Saturday as the Premier League returns following the global break, plus a number of other potentially crucial encounters, including the trip to Tottenham on October 22.

Related news