YouTube may introduce stricter vetting process for top-tier ad channels

YouTube may introduce stricter vetting process for top-tier ad channels

YouTube may introduce stricter vetting process for top-tier ad channels

Paul has since deleted the original video filmed in Aokigahara Forest, also known as Japan's suicide forest. Logan Paul, a YouTube creator with 15 million subscribers, has been removed from Google's Preferred ad platform.

The Google-owned company said it has put its original projects with Paul on hold because of the video he posted earlier this month which showed the body of an apparent suicide victim in Japan. It issued a "strike" against Paul's channel for violating its community guidelines after the posting. It has also sent its condolence to the family and friends of the man in the video.

A spokesperson for YouTube tells The Verge and Polygon that "we built Google Preferred to help our customers easily reach YouTube's most passionate audiences and we've seen strong traction in the a year ago with a record number of brands".

YouTube prohibits violent or gory content posted in a shocking, sensational or disrespectful manner, the company says. The suicide video was removed and thus not monetized. It's hard to get worse than filming a dead body for views, but apparently Logan Paul likes a challenge. He will not be featured in season 4 of Foursome.

YouTube's punishment was announced Wednesday, Jan. 10 - more than a week after Paul's video was uploaded. If a video is graphic, it can only remain on the site when supported by appropriate educational or documentary information and in some cases it will be age-gated.

Ritz hotel robbery: Armed thieves steal jewellery worth millions in Paris
A police spokesman said three suspects were arrested but two escaped following the robbery at about 6.30pm on Wednesday. Another employee said he saw a motorbike speed along a road at the back of the hotel after the break-in.

Google Preferred aggregates YouTube's top content and sells it to advertisers.

Paul, on his part, said he is taking a break from making any more vlog posts for the moment, besides also tendering an apology in his last video uploaded about a week back.

The video that YouTube is referencing to in its statements against Paul is his video uploaded on December 31, 2017. The Preferred Program, however, happens to be a more exclusive grouping which acts as a guarantee of sorts for advertisers to expect quality video content.

While YouTube admitted in its statement that it had "taken [them] a long time to respond" on the issue, the company did not divulge the reason behind the wait. It reiterated that suicide was not a laughing matter and added that it should not be "a driving force for views".

"Through its decision to cut ties with Logan Paul, YouTube is sending a clear message to influencers that they will be held responsible for their actions and that they need to think twice before sharing content that could be considered offensive or inappropriate", Dahan said in an email.

Related news