More features found in Windows Phone Tango update
July 2, 2012 at 12:28 GMT | By Darlington Moyo
Lucky folk over at WPCentral managed to
force manually install the Windows Phone Refresh/Tango update onto their three Windows Phone devices, namely, the Samsung Focus 2, HTC Titan II and Nokia Lumia 900. Apparently, the update seems to bring more features than originally thought and documented. Here is a list of what WPCentral's Daniel Rubino noted:
- New wallpapers - New "nature" themed wallpapers included in Tango
- Faster numeric PIN response - While minor, the slow numeric PIN response can annoying. The Tango update fixes this.
- Sending ringtones via MMS - You can now attach and send ringtones to others via MMS. You can only send custom ringtones though and nothing that is "in ROM". This in addition to the new "send voice note" and attach multiple images in an MMS that's found in Tango too.
- Letter indexing - On Windows Phone 7.x after a user installs 45 apps, the app list will automatically index, giving you the "letter picker" to jump to find your favorite app. The problem, albeit minor, was if you went below 45, the "letter picker" would not disappear. Tango evidently fixes this.
- More reliable notifications - Many users are reporting better notifications, both Tile and Toast, with the Tango update.
- Set phone to Flight Mode
- Fire up Zune and connect your phone
- Click update and cut off your WIFI (internet) connection after about 2 seconds.
- If you get it right you will get a 8112 update prompt.
- Repeat until you get no more update prompts, 8773 should be the last.
- Some Nokia users are also receiving a firmware update, so it's always worth checking one last time.
SOURCE & IMAGE: WPCentral
You might like:
blog comments powered by Disqus