Nokia Transport v2.1 hits Windows Phone Marketplace - Officially out of Beta
July 13, 2012 at 16:09 GMT | By John Williams
The latest version of Nokia Transport that was introduced last month has now moved from beta to commercial release. The Lumia-exclusive application will come handy to those that frequently use public transport or for that one-off trip across town on public transport. You won't find yourself waiting at a bus/train station, wondering when the next service is due, thanks to this useful application.
Nokia Transport can search for public transport routes from your current location to anywhere within the same city. The visual guide shows you when to set off, how long it will take you to walk to the bus or train stop, the details of the journey itself and even give you an arrival time for your planned destination.
Nokia Transport currently plans the best routes and departure times in over 100 cities and urban areas. While estimated route options are available in 450+ cities without timetables. There are plans to extend this further.
- Pin multiple favorite locations to your phone's start screen: You can now pin multiple destinations to your start screen making it easier than ever to quickly figure out your route.
- View upcoming station names and stopping times while in transit
- Find nearby stations, departure times and even types of transit lines available around your location
- Improved search: Remember your last search query - Change your search without leaving the journey view
- Improved performance: Faster display of upcoming journeys - Faster journey request
- Integration with Bing search Local Scout (where available). It is now easy to launch Nokia Transport from Bing search result
The FREE application is exclusive to Nokia Lumia devices. Want it? Hit the download button or scan the QR code.
Note: there might be a publishing delay (1-2 days) on Windows Phone Marketplace in your country or region. The new version of Nokia Transport is labeled as 18.104.22.168, check for that version when you launch Windows Phone Marketplace and try to download. If you see 22.214.171.124, then it's the old version of Nokia Transport.
SOURCE: Nokia Conversations
You might like:
blog comments powered by Disqus