Doodle Bomber 7: An old school gaming fun for all
July 26, 2012 at 22:28 GMT | By John Williams
Inspired by the 1977 arcade classic Canyon Bomber, the essence of the game has been enhanced and given a pleasant graphical upgrade for the mobile era.
The game is presented in pleasant and refreshing visual style where hand drawn elements are presented with distant clouds floating over a science book landscape with a brown paper canyon in the foreground. The simple to learn, difficult to master gameplay of dropping a bomb at the correct moment, will get under your skin. The altitude and speed of the airship varies each pass and hence the trajectory of the bomb. Halfway through the level the airship is replaced with a faster biplane with smaller bombs and hitting the last few targets is very difficult.
The rules are simple:
1. Drop at least one bomb per pass.
2. Hit at least one target with each bomb.
3. Clear all the targets before you lose 3 lives.
- The game has eight canyons all with different challenges; clear all the targets on a canyon to unlock the next canyon. Forgotten Canyon can also be unlocked by submitting a review of the game from the about screen.
- Practice mode (where you never lose any of your 3 lives) helps you to work out the best strategy for each canyon.
- Laser guided bombs are available (every time on the first canyon, every second turn on the second canyon and so on until one time in eight on the last canyon) to help you get your eye in.
- There are 10 airships to be unlocked each with varying characteristics of speed and bombs strength. Some airships suit particular canyons or achievements best. Once an airship is unlocked (by completing an achievement it can then be purchased using the credits from your total score.
- Two multiplayer modes are available using the airships and canyons you have unlocked in the single player game. Versus is a straight match between the two players with 3 lives each, winner has the highest score at the end.
- Battle mode adds a twist to the game by adding an extra life to your opponent every time you lose a life. So if you have lost all your lives you only need to wait till the other player misses, then you will have a new life. Winner has the highest score at the end.
- The game is available in English, French, Spanish, German, Polish, Romanian and simplified Chinese.
SUBMITTED BY: Peter Lowe
You might like:
blog comments powered by Disqus