Nokia Lumia 900 survives the freezer, 200°C oven and hammer in CNet torture test
September 27, 2012 at 10:40 GMT | By Darlington Moyo
Now that the Nokia Lumia 920 is on it's way, CNet decided to part ways with their Nokia Lumia 900 by torturing it to death. The Lumia 900 was put through a variety of cruel test which it passed before finally succumbing to water - on a technicality. Here is how the Lumia 900 fared:
- Placed in a sub-zero freezer for 2 hours and survived. The screen has a thin layer of ice on it but the handset was still functioning.
- Placed in a 200°C oven for two hours and survived. I must admit, when I saw the guy placing the phone in the over I though that was it. Amazing, the Lumia 900 still worked.
- Hammer test - The phone is used to hammer in 3 nails using the screen. Also, he tries hammering nails into the screen [although somewhat lightly] and the screen remains intact.
- Drop test - The phone is dropped from a moving car and survives. The guy wasn't happy that the Lumia 900 survived the first drop test so he had another two tries and the phone still survived.
- Pool test - Unfortunately, the drop test had gotten rid of the SIM cover, which obviously meant the phone had no chance of surviving the pool test.
You might like:
blog comments powered by Disqus