Nokia Transport Beta app for Windows Phone updated to version 2.3
October 8, 2012 at 17:28 GMT | By John Williams
The latest version of Nokia Transport Beta application is now available to download. The Lumia-exclusive application comea handy to those that frequently use public transport. You won't find yourself waiting at a bus/train station, wondering when the next service is due, thanks to this useful application.
Nokia Transport can search for public transport routes from your current location to anywhere within the same city. The visual guide shows you when to set off, how long it will take you to walk to the bus or train stop, the details of the journey itself and even give you an arrival time for your planned destination. Nokia Transport currently plans the best routes and departure times in over 550 cities and urban areas. There are plans to extend this further.
- Pin multiple favorite locations to your phone's start screen: You can now pin multiple destinations to your start screen making it easier than ever to quickly figure out your route.
- View upcoming station names and stopping times while in transit
- Find nearby stations, departure times and even types of transit lines available around your location
- Improved search: Remember your last search query - Change your search without leaving the journey view
- Improved performance: Faster display of upcoming journeys - Faster journey request
- Integration with Bing search Local Scout (where available). It is now easy to launch Nokia Transport from Bing search result
- Glance and go with intuitive icons: Easily find the next leg of your route at a glance, thanks to simple and intuitive graphical icons for the different modes of transport (e.g. bus, train, subway). Additionally, the new POI icons in the History view (e.g. hotels, restaurants, shops) make it easy for you to identify your destination. No more slowing down to figure out where you are going or what you are looking for.
- Your last stop is just a swipe away: Now a simple swipe left or right in the main screen reveals your previous destinations, then just tap to see the route options from wherever you are. So whether you want to find your way back to your hotel or to that little cafe you discovered yesterday, it's as simple as a swipe.
- Continuous and automatic over-the-air updates: Now information on service changes, new routes, and newly supported cities is automatically pushed to your phone, so you always have the latest route information and schedules.
- Improved station search puts finding your station a tap away: Searching just got more precise and relevant. Simply enter the name of your station and Transport prioritizes public transport stations to the top of your search results. No more scrolling to find what you're looking for. Just type, tap, and go.
Note: there might be a publishing delay (1-2 days) on Windows Phone Marketplace in your country or region. The FREE application is exclusive to Nokia Lumia devices. Want it? Hit the download button or scan the QR code.
You might like:
blog comments powered by Disqus